Due to continued expansion, we are recruiting again, this time for a Senior Estimator.
If you would like to a growing and progressive company, in a great environment, with a first class team, please apply using the upload facility below.
Here is a full description of the vacancy.
Curtis Moore is growing and we need to recruit an estimator for our Glasgow office. Our reputation and portfolio of completed projects has led to an increase in enquiries and invitations to tender for medium and large scale projects throughout the UK, so we are expanding our team.
We are looking for a Senior Estimator who is already at, or capable of moving up to, Director level.
The successful applicant will have the following experience and expertise:
- Good understanding of the construction industry and knowledge of measurement and valuation – preferably with experience in pricing roofing and wall cladding projects (but not essential)
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Preparing tenders, quotes, and bid submissions
- Good negotiations skills
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety compliance
- Rate compilation
- Production of Bills of Quantities
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- We are looking for someone with at least 3 years experience in an estimator role in the construction industry who is able to work under their own initiative to meet tender deadlines. They should also have good communication and inter-personal skills.
We are offering a competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package with opportunities for advancement to director level in a progressive and growing company located in our first class working environment in Glasgow.