At Curtis Moore, we understand and appreciate the importance of tackling the environmental and social sustainability issues within our industry.
For every project we undertake, our aim is to support economic growth whilst trying to reduce the environmental impact and delivering increased social value to the local communities. We are committed to supporting our employees, clients, and the community and in doing so place the upmost importance in:
- Curtis Moore provides a workplace where everyone is respected, encouraged and supported with a focus on health & well-being.
- A great deal of importance is placed on the continual training and development of all staff members and Curtis Moore have a thorough training programme in place.
- We are supporting employees who are completing further university studies to obtain degree level qualifications.
Apprenticeship & Graduate Schemes
- Every year Curtis Moore employ several apprentices. The apprentices split their time between attending college and working with our experienced site teams and managers to gain a practical understanding of the works. Upon successful completion of their studies and experience, our apprentices gain an NVQ qualification.
- We have employed a new graduate on a 6 month internship to offer experience in the construction industry.
- Whenever possible, we will use local companies during the duration of our projects and work with main contractors to engage with and educate the local community
- Curtis Moore operate a minimal waste policy on all projects and hold a SEPA waste carriers licence. We ensure that all our suppliers also hold similar policies and endeavour to deliver products with minimal waste packaging.
- For each project, toolbox talks will be conducted as well as objectives, targets and programmes being set to control and reduce the effect of environmental aspects through our HSEQ Objectives register and environmental management programme.
- Curtis Moore remain committed to sustainable performance on all projects through excellent financial management and using our resources efficiently
- Curtis Moore is committed to sustainable procurement. Our policy outlines factors we will always take into consideration such as: what products are made from, where they have come from, who has made them, how they are transported and how they are eventually disposed of.